Friday, November 19, 2010

Something to say...

My Physical Therapy!


How many times have I said it?  If you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all.  Well, it appears that theory has gotten me in a bit of trouble with my Mother-ha!  That's right, I have been busted for not blogging by my Mom.  I think she knows that something is up when I am not blogging, so I picked up the phone the other day, and immediately heard "Why are there no new blogs?" and when I told her I didn't have much to say, she told me I could even write about the weather.


Well, the weather here has turned cold and windy, fitting for my mood, since I last left you all.  Surprised?  I didn't think so.  Last week I wrote a post about being appreciative, for family and friends; and all of the help I have received during my recovery time.  And it never made it...because...well...I guess I wasn't feeling it.  I didn't want to be a fraud.  When I feel like crap on the inside, it's hard for me to publish happy crap, I guess.

So where does that leave me?  It leaves me in the same place as the rest of America, and frankly, much much better off than many, so I better quit my damn belly aching and get my butt back to work.  Lots of people are having financial and health problems.  And millions (?) of people each year have back surgeries, that to be honest, are an absolute bitch to recover from.  

Oh, and I wonder how many people turn 40 each year?  That little fact could have something to do with this silly depression, I suppose.  All this time I thought I was looking forward to being 40, but in the midst of life chaos, I'm not sure a benchmark birthday is a great idea.  Do you think I can just skip this one?  I promise I will still turn 41 next year.

So, I realized what a pity party I was having for myself, and how very stupid it all was, and put myself to bed at 7 the other night when I skipped one of my favorite classes ever; you know, the old cut off your nose to spite your face thing.  I woke up yesterday morning, and wouldn't allow myself one negative thought.  I also took back over my animal chores.  Not because my back is up to it, but because I need my critters, as badly as they need me.  The clucks of happiness, and the nuzzles of welcome back were all I had needed.  Man I love my little piece of paradise!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Glad you're back on the blog! Sometimes life takes over and the posts slow, I know. Looking to the positive is a great way to bring things up in your life, as long as you continue to take care of yourself. Really.

lfhpueblo said...

Hey, you're still in the recovery mode and don't over do on those animal chores, especially picking up over the weight limits set for you. I don't want to see you relapse or hurt yourself.
If you don't feel like blogging and would rather be taking a long slow walk reconnecting to nature or going for a walk to talk to your animals then do it. Your readers like me, can and will wait.
Anyone who has gone through a major surgery knows it takes time to feel like doing much or being all cheerie-o and rip-roaring-to-go.
If you had a pity party I think you were entitled. I have mine from time to time.
Chronic pain will do that to people.
We get out of the funk on our own time-table, and someone pushing you to get out of it, well isn't always the best solution. You'll probably try to do it to make everyone else happy, but it needs to be done when it will make you happy.
I hope you're blogging again because it will make you happy and not because you feel like it's expected of you from others.
Hang in there.