Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Gulf Oil Spill, again...

Yes, I know I just did a post on this damn oil spill, but this one is really bothering me.  And it must be really bothering a lot of people, because my beloved husband Tom had a dream the other night how to fix it.  And we don't even watch the news all that regularly.  And it is still in the back of my mind, that oil just constantly pouring out into the ocean.  It really is incomprehensible to me that it is being let happen, let alone they think it may take until August now to fix.  (My poor English teacher would die if she saw all those sentences starting with and, but I think it adds dramatic flair-ha!)
Come on, we have machinists in Bailey, CO who are dreaming of ways to fix this mess, and he's only an environmentalist by marriage.  We tease that I am biker by marriage, etc.  Back to my point-there can be no shortage of ideas here.  But, how do they go about getting them?  I know that deep sea makes it very complicated and such, but obviously the guys at BP have their heads up their butts, and so do the other top guys who haven't gotten it fixed, so how does Joe Blow get his idea in?  He probably doesn't, he just has to wait until someone in Hollywood comes up with a good plan, like James Cameron or Kevin Costner...


Thanks Angry Black Bitch for the links!  (Not a site to take the kids parents, but funny as can be!)

2 comments:

lfhpueblo said...

This is a mess. I remember once as a kid being on Jupiter Beach in Florida when there was all sorts of crappy oil all over the place. It's not a good thing at all.

Daisy said...

I just drafted a post about boycotting BP - or not. It's a tougher question than it seems at first glance.