Sunday, August 23, 2009

In God we Trust

Good Sunday Morning! I recently got an e-mail from our wonderful friend and neighbor, Judy, about something that is rather concerning to me. It seems to me that in the Good Old USA we've got a small group of people, no matter what the issue is, that we could never please. Currently there is a movement to remove "In God We Trust" from our national currency (which really isn't worth too much right now except for it's historical value, but that's a different story!), and to remove the word "God" from the Pledge of Allegiance.

If you follow my blog, you will know that Francis Scott Key wrote "In God Is Our Trust" in his original poem written the day of the infamous battle at Fort McHenry. This statement is one of historical value for our country, and in my opinion, should absolutely not be removed from anything!

It is reported that 86% of Americans are Christian, that leaves only 14% that are not. We know that not all of those 14% are joining this fight to alter history, this must be a very small fraction of Americans that want to make a very large change.

It was suggested to add "In God We Trust" to all correspondence. Write it on the outside of envelopes when mailed, or add it to your e-signature like I have done. It is time to take a stand and keep our history alive, it is a wonderful way to build patriotism!

No comments: