Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I am woman, hear me roar...


Thought we could all use a reminder of warmer weather!

I just about broke my ribs when I wrote the title of this post.  Tom wouldn't think it's so funny.  See, I know I have been neglecting you all, and my scheme didn't work anyway, so I figured I'd at least check in.  My original thoughts were that if I stayed away from my computer and my regular routine that I would be a good girl and give myself time to heal.  Well, I overdid it anyway and hurt myself again by breaking the ice in the water trough, and I've gotten a few of you concerned with my absence, so over all the scheme was a failure.
I think I might need to see a therapist or something about self destructive behavior.  The funny (or not) is that in my mind I tried to blame it on my husband for putting my tool in the wrong place.  Well, I had no place doing the job in the first place whether I had the proper tool for the job or not!  Like I said, I think I may be some kind of lunatic or something.
Then you should have seen the look I gave Tom when he made the mistake of asking me why I wasn't blogging?  Like, gee, it's only a little back injury, I'm just sitting around anyway, why can't I get on the computer?  At least that's how I took it!  Of course he was concerned that I was missing something that he knew I enjoyed, but that was besides the point at the time.  Like I said, the main reason I have not been posting is just to keep myself from staying on my regular routine, forcing myself to shake it up a bit!  But, sitting around is not something I'm too good at, so I've been just a tad bit defensive and well, you can only imagine how the conversation went from there.
So, to say I am woman, hear me roar is down right hysterical after a couple of weeks after living with a woman who is used to doing everything for herself.  So this one is for you, family, friends, fellow lunes and dedicated readers!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

It's great to hear your sense of humor!

lfhpueblo said...

I thought I heard a roar the other day, clear down here in the dessert region of Colorado. Actually, we are finally getting a little snow flurry, so maybe it will help my grass, trees and the flower bulbs.
You need to do what's best for you, and if you needed a total rest which included not blogging, well good for you.
Sometimes hubbies can really say the wrong thing at the wrong time, or maybe it's not the wrong thing, it's just the wrong wording.
My husband got to hear my roar Sunday because of that.
I'm sorry you hurt yourself again breaking the ice, so the animals could drink. I know it sometimes feels like a bother to remind kids or hubby to do it, but better to use your roar in that fashion, then to roar because you injure yourself on top of everything else you're already dealing with health/body wise.
Maybe if he ever brings up again you're not blogging, just say,
I'm using this quiet time to formulate in my mind the things
I want to blog about in the near future and the blogs I want to read in the near future that will further my growth as a person.
Or whatever you know will direct his enegies somewhere else for awhile. Yet, you could always say to, hey you're going to be my guest blogger, so start blogging for me today.

Daisy said...

Yes, I am wise, but it's wisdom born of pain...
Yes, I paid a price, but look how much I've gained.

Well, I hope your pain resolves itself soon and you can enjoy the active life again.