Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bring on the Bubbles...

Boy do I have a line of books that I would love to share with you all.  The main character's name is Bubbles Yablonski, and she is downright hysterical!  I may be aging myself here, but she reminds me of the character The Nanny, except there is no irritating voice!  Bubbles is a hairdresser from steel town who is trying to make it as a crime reporter.  Some of the situations that she finds herself in, even the dangerous ones, are so funny that I found myself laughing out loud a number of times.  
My local librarian recommended this series of books to me when I mentioned that I had really enjoyed Janet Evanovich's series.  I think this series is just as funny, if not more so.  I also like the fact that there is a close and very funny family angle in these books.  Bubbles of course has a crazy Mom (who else would name their kid Bubbles?), a daughter that she is raising with an ex-husband she can't totally trust, etc.  The other characters are just as colorful and the leading man, well he sounds like he would be worth a leading role!  I have already read Bubbles Unbound and Bubbles in Trouble, and they are both great; I can't wait to get back to the library and get the next two!
The books are written by Sarah Strohmeyer, and she has a great website, and a great sense of humor!  I'll pass the word on about someone this funny and this caliber of great books anytime!

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Time to check paperbackswap.com!