Friday, September 4, 2009

Did You Miss Me?


Good Morning! So sorry about yesterday, I know my regular readers notice when I don't post for a day. The reason I was unable to do so was because we finally got our new barn delivered!!! You see, it has been a long time coming. We ordered this building about six weeks ago and really got the run around for quite some time, lost purchase order, cancelled delivery dates, you know, all the fun stuff.

We finally demanded $ off, that seemed to get them moving (we did save $100, though), they were scheduled for 7 yesterday morning. As you can imagine early morning is a little crazy around The Royal Ranch as I am getting kids off to school at two different times, and of course the plethora of animals are all demanding their breakfasts.

I've got to tell you, as exited as I was to finally get it here, I was disappointed that the installers could not speak any English (they must not have been able to tell time either, they got here at 10). That's not entirely true, because they got the point across that if I paid them cash, they'd be able to do a few upgrades that would have cost me a fortune to go through the company. You know me, I love to save a buck, so this was all fine and dandy. But, the more I got to thinking about how so many people are suffering from lack of work, that these guys should at least know how to communicate in a business fashion. I have a real problem with "Americans" refusing to learn, and use our language. Especially if they are taking jobs from other well spoken Americans.

So, sad to say, I would definitely not recommend Coast to Coast Carports, but I got a great deal on a beautiful new hay barn, even if it was a rather large pain in the butt!!! Now all I need is the hay to fill it. For now, Tom is enjoying it, we've got our old beater plow truck and my trailer parked in it.

Have a miracle of a day!

No comments: