Friday, September 18, 2009

My Black Hoody


As you all know by now, I am a home body, BIG TIME! For those of us that are blessed enough to work at home, it really becomes a way of life. We no longer have to commute, or eat crappy lunches, but best of all we don't have to dress to impress.

A year ago I bought my husband a hooded black sweatshirt at Goodwill. Well, for a man that is 6'3" there are not many hoodies that are long enough in the arm, so I inherited the sweatshirt. As soon as I put it on, I knew it was my favorite. To say the least this hoody takes a beating, it does all of my chores with me and is a daily wear in the winter, as we are keeping our house cooler now-a-days. Like this picture, often times I have it tied around my waist, waiting for the next big chill. But, that's okay, no one ever sees it anyway.

Well yesterday I had a stained glass class that I was going to. As I was getting ready to walk out the door I was at a total loss. I was so disappointed that I couldn't wear my Raggedy Anne hoody and didn't know what to wear without it. Actually, I even thought of wearing the old thing!

Now, I know I'm not alone in this, we all have an article of clothing that just feels right. Mine feels like home and family and critters, and it even smells like the mountains that I live and work in (probably because I never take it off to wash it-ha!). So, today I am headed off to pick up an elk camp and will happily be wearing my black hoody! Wear your "black hoody" with pride, it represents who we are, as hard working, happy, individual, home loving Americans!

1 comment:

Joe Holbrook said...

It rains now and then so it does get washed kiddo. I guess my thing is most of time it is various t shirts ,but with USMC on it some where. See you in November