Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Royal Ranch's Breakfast Bread/Muffins


This is the bread/muffins that I make for the Royal Roost. Depending on how many guests are coming, and for how many days they are staying determines whether I will send a loaf of bread or muffins. Our B&B is a little different, as we try to keep things very private for our guests. Since it is not located here on the ranch, I leave the breakfasts up at the cabin upon check in so that guests can just reheat and eat whenever the hunger strikes them. I have already given you the recipe to my breakfast burritos, a favorite of our guests, and now I would like to share my bread recipe. It is one that I created myself as a breakfast dessert. Don't all meals deserve a little dessert?

For three loaves or 36 muffins you will need:

4 cups flour

2 tsp. baking soda

2tsp. baking powder

1tsp.salt

2 sticks butter

1 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar

1-2 tsp vanilla

4 eggs

fruit (1 can; save the juice, or frozen, or fresh diced, I have tried a lot of flavors, but the kids' fav is peach! I think the guests like pineapple best.)

chocolate, about 2 cups (whatever is cheap, diced if large pieces, I buy choc chips when on sale)

1 cup milk (add this at the end for consistency only if you don't have juice from fruit)


I will start this recipe out with an apology, because I am not one to cook much with recipes, but this one is worth tweaking a bit in your own kitchen to your own tastes. Mix the dry ingredients and set aside. In a mixing bowl cream together sugars with butter and add vanilla to taste. Add eggs, one at a time until well blended and slowly start adding dry mixture. Add the fruit and chocolate, this is where your sixth "baking sense" comes in, if it is still pretty thick, add some milk a little at a time until it is the consistency that you like. Spoon into three greased bread pans or muffin tins and sprinkle with a cinnamon/sugar/brown sugar mix. The breads should take about 40-45 minutes and the muffins 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. These freeze beautifully and are a great gift for neighbors and friends who are needing a pick-em-up too!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Sounds delicious! My family will love these.

Joe Holbrook said...

Perhaps a real sample this Thanksgivine hmm???