Monday, November 30, 2009

Metaphysical Monday

Good Morning! I hope you are all recovering from your long weekend of over indulgence! I cooked another turkey dinner yesterday so that we would not miss out on leftovers, so we did double over indulgence! Still don't like the way my pie crust is turning out, but I guess it just takes practice...


Speaking of practice, I would like to talk a little bit about the religion that I practice. I think that many people think that those of us that don't go to church regularly, and believe in things like Spirit Guides and afterlife are not Christian based. I have found the opposite to be true. I am what I like to call a Naturalist Christian; I believe that God is all around us all the time, and that we have his guidance no matter where we choose to celebrate Him; and for me, it makes the most sense to honor him in the spectacular natural surroundings that he has given us.

I think my issues with organized religion started when I was very young. I'll never forget the first time I showed up in a church by myself as a teenager. It was a Methodist church that my family belonged to in Evergreen, but did not go to often. I was trying to just go in and enjoy a church service because I was going through a difficult time in my life (who isn't as a teenager?) and was hoping for some guidance, or at the very least comfort. I got neither. I got looks of scorn and many curious stares. I could feel the room closing in around me with the unasked questions. "What did she do wrong? Does she need to repent?" I had even overheard someone say that they thought I was pregnant! I was just barely sixteen and this left me with a rather bad taste in my mouth; I left that church bawling my head off.

Now, I know in my heart that there is absolutely no way that God would want anyone to feel that way, or to think a person must sacrifice anything for his love. Not money, not time, not pride, and certainly not the part of you who makes you the strong individual that he created. It feels so wrong to me that churches have become such a huge business, and that there is so much money and conflict involved with them. Just because it is a church group parents are forgetting to make sure their kids are safe. People are giving a good portion of their income to their church even when they can't really afford it, or even just feeling guilty about not doing what the church asks of them; it just doesn't sit well with what I believe God wants for us.

I feel that He would want us to be happy, and to celebrate the love and life he has given us. I feel that He would want us to spend our time taking care of our families and Mother Earth. I feel that God is with me everyday of the week, and in no particular building (especially one that was built with other peoples money)!

I have to laugh about how I picture the Spirit world and how it works. I see it almost like a multi level marketing idea. With God at the very top of the triangle and then various levels of Spirit Guides working their way up the tiers. Now this may sound very simplistic and silly, but it makes a lot of sense to me. I have worked with my Spirit Guides, but I would never claim to have spoken to God. I can only hope that He is watching over me and my guides, but I know that my Spirit Guides would not sway my beliefs or want me to suffer for anyone or anything. In my opinion, God and Spirits only want happiness and prosperity for us.

So...make your very own miracle today and everyday!!!!

No comments: