Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Embracing Our Inner Bitch!


Good Morning! I hope you didn't miss me too badly yesterday, for the life of me, I could not think of what I wanted to write about, which is really quite unusual for me. It is very important to me, to always have the best quality writing that I possibly can, and yesterday I had no "quality" in me I guess!

You know, I'll never forget when years ago (I think I was pregnant with my oldest) I was grocery shopping with my Mom, and ran into one of the meanest butcher's I have ever encountered. After some argument, I got what I needed, and said "Thanks a lot as---le", and to turn around an see the look on my Mom's face was priceless. It was a mixture of shock and pride; I think that she was proud of the fact that I didn't let this guy get under my skin, and that I had called him on his very rude behaviour.

We, as humans, and especially as women, seem to have some sort of problem with embracing our inner bitch. That's right, I said it! We all have a bitchy side, and we try and try to cover it up with day to day niceties and pressures. The problem with this theory is that we are just piling things up, and then if you are anything like me, it will erupt over something that really has nothing to do with what you are actually angry about.

I've got to tell you, I am proud of my bitchy side, because it is where I know I will always get the answers that feel right to me. If we learn to deal with issues when they arise, they do not snowball into other problems. I'm not sure why we think that it is not okay to get mad, or call people on crappy behaviour, or tell our husbands when they have hurt our feelings, or any other emotion that might bring conflict into our world. Conflict is what happens every day to every person, and if we just learn to live with it and deal with it in our own bitchy way, it is much easier for us to process. It is okay to not get along with everyone, and it is okay to get your feelings hurt, as long as you face it head on. Quit pretending that you're such a nice person, embrace your inner bitch, and you'll soon be on your way to a more peaceful, less conflicting existence.

No comments: