Monday, November 16, 2009

Metaphysical Monday


Good Morning! Well, I have spent the last couple of Metaphysical Mondays trying to get the point across as to how similar all sorts of spiritual beliefs are. I have also done this so that as MM progresses, people will understand that this blog is simply written as one woman's observations and experiences. It is important for me to not be offensive while chronicling my spiritual journey and trying to uncover some mysteries that have haunted me my entire life. I, too, am somewhat of a disbeliever in many of the things I have learned and studied in the last few months (gee...has it really only been that long?), which is why this is a difficult lesson for me. I am having to broaden my mind to really wrap it around a lot of the things that I am trying to incorporate into my life.

But, for me, that has come out of necessity, and for you as my reader, you can take it or leave it. Which is what makes this a difficult choice, whether to put this part of me out there or not. Again, that's the whole point. Especially now that I'm realizing that this weird stuff is a part of me whether I like it or not. I had already chosen to put myself out there, by doing this blog and being such a community supporter, and now I know that my oddities have to be out there as well. I am who I am, and that's that.

One of the strangest things that comes to mind is when a couple of years ago I was doing my barn chores at my old vet's. It must have been a warm day, because I had my Yoga capris on(for my male readers, capris are between pants and shorts) with my favorite pink fuzzy socks from Mom and of course my rubber barn shoes. I can't remember why now, but I was having a bad day (probably because I'd had to leave the house in an outfit like that-ha!), I always looked forward to my time with the horses though. On that particular day, the horses came running up like they always did, but clear as a bell, I heard "I love your socks" almost shouted in a voice that I wasn't familiar with. I jumped, thinking someone had snuck up behind me, but there was no one around. It took a couple minutes for it to sink in that it had been the young Philly that I was preparing to feed, she knew I was having a rough day, and complimented me like any good friend would.

My family and I had joked for years that I could talk to our animals, and to a certain extent I believed it. I think that anyone that loves and cares for as many animals as I do, tends to learn the language that they speak. But, I've come to realize since that day, that normally animals think and communicate in pictures, not words. It is easy enough to set the pictures that the animals are sending aside, as just one of my own thoughts. That Philly really taught me a lesson that day, besides scaring the crap out of me!

The lesson that I'm learning is that not everything can be explained away, no matter how hard I try. As a matter of fact, now I am to the point where I wish I hadn't put off this new education for so long, but that is one of the best things about working with Spirit, nothing is given to you that you are not ready to handle.

Make a miracle today!

No comments: