Wednesday, November 25, 2009

On the Road Again...


Good Morning from Ogallala, Nebraska! We are on our way to see relatives in Iowa for Thanksgiving, and I can't wait! When I was a little girl, we used to go to Iowa every Thanksgiving to see my Mom's Grandma. Although Grandma K. passed many years ago, the pull from a place I've never called home is irresistable. My family there would all be considered "distant relatives", but the distance feels small and we really enjoy our time with our "Iowa Folks".


The beautiful rolling hills that are in between the two small towns that my families live in, always bring a smile to my face. Not at all like the rough terrain we live in, but feeling like home all the while. I don't know if it's the fact that we all live a similar lifestyle, or just their welcoming attitude, but they are family through and through.

We left late yesterday, not until about 6:00, and had to stop on the way to repair my son, Thomas' phone so that he could text while we are away from his teenage friends for so very long, you know, four days. The Verizon store of course took forever, but we had a nice dinner while we waited and off we went.

Nathan had come up with a great way to spend our $100 gift card from the HGTV people, and that was to spend the night in a hotel on our way to Iowa. You know how kids are, a swimming pool is a vacation to them, so we talked Tom into leaving a night early. We rolled into Ogallala at about midnigtht and headed straight to bed at the good old Best Western. We, of course, will swim this morning at eight and head out after that.


I wanted to thank you all for your encouraging comments about our visit from HGTV, I will let you know when I hear anything about an air date. But, for now, have a safe holiday weekend and if you're travelling, do so with the utmost of care! Make a miracle today!

No comments: