Saturday, October 17, 2009

Oh, For the Love of a Grandma

This is Mom, with most of her Grandkids,
Tom, myself & my sister, Kelly.


I have mentioned that my family has had a very hard time this flu season. Well, my daughter Isabella has been hit the hardest. She was home all week long, just feeling rotten. She is quite a happy little girl normally, so to have gone a week without a peek of her beautiful smile was getting very concerning as her Mom. I had checked back with the doctor's office even, which is rather unlike me, I normally tend to like to let these things run their own course. But, as every parent that hears of the terrible deaths of the kids that get this nasty flu, I couldn't help myself! I must say, I'm glad I did, I feel much better, but it didn't help my Bella at all.


So, like grandparents do, Mom and Dad called to check on her and see how she is feeling. Mom and I got to talking about her birthday plans for next week. Isabella wants to go to a local bead shop and take a class in how to make jewelry (how fun for me, right up my alley!), so I asked her Grandma if she'd like to join the class. Well, when I went upstairs to tell my girl that Grandma was coming to her birthday party, she absolutely beamed. The first real smile I had seen in what felt like forever. She even got up and wanted to call Grandma back right away!


Now, I don't know about you, but most of us will do just about anything to get our kids feeling better when they are down, if I knew that there was a "Grandma pill" I would've given it to her a lot sooner-thanks Mom!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice surprise to see your blog today! Isabella's phone call was very special and I'm so happy that I made her smile. I can't wait for the birthday bead class. I love you, Mom